What is egg donation?
Egg donation is a safe and effective treatment that involved a known or anonymous donor giving her eggs to intended parent(s) to increase their chances of becoming pregnant.
When to consider egg donation
Egg donation is commonly considered in the following situations:
- If you have a low number of eggs in your ovaries (also known as low ovarian reserve).
- If you have eggs of poor quality due to advanced reproductive age (over the age of 38), or discovered during a previous IVF cycle
- If you are in menopause naturally or due to premature ovarian failure
- If you have had cancer treatments, including chemotherapy, pelvic radiation or ovarian surgery in the past, resulting in damage to your ovaries
- If you are a same sex male couple or a single male wishing to have children
- If you have a genetic condition that compromises your ability to get pregnant or to have a healthy child
Egg donation process
Eggs can be given by someone you know, like a family member or a friend, or they can be procured from a donor working with an agency. CReATe works with several egg donation agencies to help you find the right donor. Before choosing one, you can review their ‘donor profile’ which will provide all pertinent information about the individual, including height, weight, race, personal history, etc.
The egg donor will undergo an egg retrieval procedure. These eggs will be inseminated with sperm from the intended father or a sperm donor (depending on the situation), and the resulting embryos will be transferred into the uterus of the intended mother or a gestational carrier.
- In-vitro Fertilization (IVF)
- Intrauterine Insemination (IUI)
- Tests for Women
- Tests for Men
- Cycle Monitoring
- Preimplantation Genetic Testing for Aneuploidy (PGT-A or PGS)
- Preimplantation Genetic Testing for Monogenic and Single Gene Defects (PGT-M or PGD)
- Preimplantation Genetic Testing for Structural Rearrangements (PGT-SR or PGD)
- Egg Donation
- Sperm Donation
- Embryo Donation
- Gestational Carrier (Surrogacy)
- Counselling and Wellness
- Elective Egg Freezing
- Alternative Therapies
- International Patients